I have always been a big fan of mushrooms, both wild and cultivated. But for a long time I was the only one who did in my family. For years my daughters were scared they were going to get poisoned by them (even by the champignons!) and my husband could simply live without them.
But even back then I made these stuffed mushroom, especially if we had guests who would appreciate them more. They are a really delicious starter for a Mediterranean theme dinner or a pot-luck gathering, as they can be baked earlier and eaten later at room temperature.
Please click link to see how to quickly make these wraps.
[newsletter_form form=”1″ ]
- 16-20 medium-sized mushrooms,
- 250g ricotta cheese,
- 2 tbsp green pesto (plus extra for decorating),
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced,
- 30g grated Parmesan cheese,
- salt and pepper,
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms; trim their stalks.
- Preheat an oven to 200 Celsius degrees (180C degrees for fan ovens).
- Mix together the ricotta, pesto, garlic, half of Parmesan cheese and the seasoning.
- Grease with the olive oil an ovenproof dish big enough for all the mushrooms to be put in one layer (or use 2 smaller ones).
- Fill in all the mushrooms with the ricotta mix, place them in the dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Put a bit of pesto on top of each baked mushroom.